Global Trade Management Solutions for Foreign Trade Zones
Foreign trade zone (FTZ) operations mandate precise control of CBP-supervised inventory and proactive management of compliant inventory movements.
Automated FTZ systems must have robust functionality combined with rich content, rule-based integration tools and electronic links to multiple regulatory government agencies.
Importers filing their own import entries require ABI connectivity, while others need connections to their brokers. The ability to file AES, electronic in-bonds, and Permits to Transfer (PTT) are essential functions of a foreign trade zone solution.
Other levels of complexity may involve importers maintaining several foreign trade subzones in different ports and foreign trade zone participants processing large volumes of transactions. In the latter situations, automation, seamless integration, instant compliance verification and management “by exception” become a necessity.
Our Integrated Solution for FTZ Operators and Managers
Developed to meet the specific needs of FTZ operators and tenants, our integrated FTZ business model unifies import, export, logistics, compliance and financial processes including CBP clearance, Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications, export licensing, denied party screening, comprehensive product catalog, tracking, event management and international document repository. To further reduce data redundancy, the integrated solution incorporates information-sharing capabilities with import, export, customs house brokers and freight forwarding components.
FTZQW is available as a standalone system.
Free Trade Agreements
Our FTA (Free Trade Agreement) module helps to qualify goods for preferential duty treatments, including analysis of Bills of Materials (BOMs). It manages supplier solicitations, generates corresponding certificates of origin, maintains audit trails and performs automatic verifications of trade documents such as commercial invoices and purchase orders.
Event Management & Analysis
Monitors movement of goods and information along the supply chain, generates warnings and forward-looking exception alerts as they occur in real-time via cellular phone, email or similar means. Focused event management reduces delays and ensures that shipments stay on track. A comprehensive analysis tool can be used to aggregate data and events and present customizable, Internet-accessible reports across the supply chain.
Key Components of Our Solution for FTZs Include:
- Admissions: Automated admissions is the electronic way to file 214s directly to CBP.
- Manufacturing: Fully automated manufacturing and manipulation procedures and auto-generation of CF 216s.
- Automated CHB System: ABI is the electronic way to file FTZ entries, weekly estimates and in-bonds directly to CBP.
- Warehousing: Supports receipt and consolidation of inventory and generation of receipts and manifests.
- Product Master: All-inclusive database of pre-classified parts/products.
- Automated Export System (AES): AES is the electronic way to file the Shipper’s Export Declaration and the export manifest information directly to CBP.
- Integration: The multi-layered integration points interface that unifies multiple cross-format legacy platform accesses.
- Documentation: Commercial Invoices, CF 214, CF 216,
CF 368, CF 3311, CF 7501, CF 3461, CF 6043, CF 6423,
CF 7512, CF 7551, MDR, Bills of Lading, AWBs and more.
Our Solution for Foreign Trade Zones Helps Customers to:
- Minimize logistics costs, duties, fees and taxes.
- Ensure adherence to export controls and compliance regulations, reducing exposure to fines and penalties.
- Proactively manage the entire foreign trade zone process, including manufacturing and manipulation and informing stakeholders of potential problems.
- Generate mandatory, analytical and management reports; perform customized queries.
- Improve on-time delivery by reducing delays.
- Improve ability to efficiently handle volumes during peak seasons.
- Ensure compliance movements of supervised inventory.
- Reduce administrative and support costs by centralizing and sharing global transportation, compliance and trade data.
- Increase global visibility of supply chain information.