Familiarity with software solutions related to global trade management, free trade agreements, foreign trade zone operations, logistics and import and export compliance. Knowledge of CBP clearance, supply chain visibility, freight forwarding, HTS classification, export licensing, denied party screening, supply chain event tracking, import-export workflow and international documentation requirements is an asset.
- Experience with pharmaceutical, apparel, footwear, electronics and chemical ERPs is a plus.
- Familiarity with import, export, supply chain logistics and global trade software is a plus.
- Experience in technical software pre-sales is required.
- Background in preparing and delivering technical product demonstrations at the C level is needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations and customized presentations.
- Position products, focusing on client’s specific needs.
- Assist the sales team in determining the correct product approach from prospecting to closing.
- Provide technical product advice during pre- and post-sales activities.
- Maintain an outstanding knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients throughout the sales cycle.
- Maintain ownership of all clients on trial licenses.
- Create kickoff presentations, make health checks and gather sales intelligence.
- Assist with quality assurance/test and support desk issues.
- Provide on-site customer training.
- Assist with Requests for Proposals; maintain a library of standard terms and product capabilities.
- Document technical and installation requirements; write narrative information.
- Coordinate any special product requirements to achieve sales success.
- Participate in trade shows and other product events.
- Gather product enhancement requests and provide to marketing and development.
- Gather competitive knowledge of competitors’ applications.
- Must be an intelligent, driven person with a passion for success and a desire to achieve.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, especially explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Must have the ability to understand business issues and support sales processes.
- Must have excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Must be a fast learner, with the ability to think on one’s feet.
- Must be able to manage complex integration projects.
- Must have the capability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Must possess a consultative selling style.