Global Trade Management Solutions for Import Freight Forwarders
Increasing security requirements pose additional challenges for import freight forwarders already under pressure from customers and business partners. To achieve internal cost reductions, leading import freight forwarders are implementing technology to competently control the import process and integrate with automated manifest systems (AMS), customs house brokerage systems, track and trace and warehouse distribution in a timely, secure and cost-effective manner.
Our Integrated Global Trade Management Solution for Import Freight Forwarders
Developed to meet the specific needs of import forwarders, the Import FFQW global trade management solution streamlines import freight forwarding functions such as initial goods handling, goods tracking, deconsolidation and break bulk. Import FFQW easily accepts information from export, legacy, AMS or export freight forwarder systems and lets it flow naturally into the TradeMasterQW Customs House Brokers system as well as CBP-supported and -mandated systems such as In-Bond.
Import FFQW is integrated with the TradeMasterQW global trade management software suite, thus enabling the freight forwarder to navigate through appropriate import- and accounting-related information effectively.
Key Components of the Import Freight Forwarder Solution Include:
- Pre-alerts: Logs pre-alerts, either manually or electronically.
- Rates and Quotes: Offers multi-leg, multi-mode, door-to-door, incremental and accumulated.
- Warehousing: Supports receipt and distribution of inventory and generation of receipts and manifests.
- In-Bond System: Communicates with Customs and Border Protection and allows postponing clearance of imported cargo until the cargo reaches another customs point than a port of unlading.
- Automated Manifest System: AMS is a multi-modal cargo inventory and release system that interacts with other CBP automated systems.
- Integrated Accounting: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Profit and Loss Reporting.
- Bills of Lading: Supports three-tier hierarchy: Master, House and Sub-House levels.
- Documentation: CF 7512, CF 7509, Arrival Notices, Bills of Lading, Consignee’s Authority to Make Entry, D/O, Cargo Manifests and more.
Our Import Freight Forwarder Solution Helps Customers to:
- Proactively manage the whole import process, informing stakeholders of potential problems.
- Reduce cargo delivery cycle time, thus improving customer satisfaction.
- Reduce the number of discrepancies, thus reducing risk of noncompliance.
- Automate key processes, thus decreasing paperwork and costs.
- Coordinate import and clearance business processes across the customer base.
- Facilitate direct filing with Customs and Border Protection because QuestaWeb is a certified vendor.